Wednesday, July 25, 2012

[ The eternal traveler syndrome ]

It's been so long that I don't write down my thoughts... 

But I am back-- And what's better showing you what "home" means to me.  I said "show" because when I thought of how to decribe it, I couldn't write down in words what really "home" mean.
As a world traveler, as having lived in three different countries in "my short life", I don't think I can exactly describe what home means. Therefore,  I happen to have the eternal traveler syndrome.
So will show you a song; a song that since the day I heard it brought back to me a feeling of "home", of where I feel save, of where I want to run when things go wrong.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DzGxnRz_Ldg

For those like myself who have lived abroad, it is very hard to describe where we belong. To what culture we are supposed to respond to, to what country one that we will have to come back. So here, with this song, I can find my place. my home. Where is it on a map? I do not have that answer. But I know the answer in my heart,  and home is home. Copy paste this link. You won't regret it. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DzGxnRz_Ldg

And for those you like to read the lyrics while their sing their lungs out, where you have it: the lyrics. 



It's a four letter word
A place you go to heal your hurt
It's an altar, it's a shelter
One place you're always welcome
A pink flamingo, double wide
One bedroom in a high rise
A mansion on a hill
Where the memories always will
Keep you company whenever you're alone
After all of my running
I'm finally coming


Home - the world tried to break me
I found a road to take me
Home - there ain't nothing but a blue sky now
After all of my running,
I'm finally coming... Home


Well they say it's where the heart is
And I guess the hardest part is
When your heart is broken
And you're lost out in the great wide open
Looking for a map
For finding your way back
To where you belong
Oh well that's where I belong


Home - the world tried to break me
I found a road to take me
Home - there ain't nothing but a blue sky now
After all of my running
I'm finally coming... Home


Home


Home - the world tried to break me
I found a road to take me
Home - there ain't nothing but a blue sky now
After all of my running, I'm finally coming...
After all of my running
I'm finally coming... Home

No comments:

Post a Comment